Sunday, July 17, 2011





Well, I intended to regularly post.....Every year seems to be what I manage. I did travel to New York for the opening of Quilts=Art=Quilts last fall. The class I took with Terry Jarrard-Dimond was as exciting as I hoped it would be. And the quilt show was amazing. I met quilters I have always admired and was thrilled to be included in a show with them. On Sunday I had the privilege of talking to the gallery about my "Thistle" and had so much fun!
I mentioned in my last post that I was making a piece for their silent auction. I ended up making a dyptich called "Celebration and Promise". They were constructed from a previously painted acrylic painting that I "deconstructed", appliqued with other deconstructed pieces and then quilted. All of our donated pieces were hung in a hallway and mine were lucky to be the last in the row on the way to the rest rooms!
I remember why I hated this process. Apparently I need a tutorial. I can't add photos without swearing, and my mother wouldn't approve at all. I am going to post this and then post again with new pictures. Comment if you wish. I love comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment